Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Katy Perry Poses Naked on Teenage Dream Album Cover




(News Today) - Katy Perry poses naked on the cover of new album Teenage Dream, with just a few pieces of strategically-placed candy floss protecting her modesty.

The 25-year-old singer was painted by artist Will Cotton for the cover picture, and is seen reclining luxuriously on a bed of pink candy floss in the portrait, which was painted over a period of six weeks.

Unveiling the cover on her official website, Katy wrote: 'Oh my God, what will my mother think? It's so gorgeous. I'm so excited. I'm nervous. I'm shaking a bit. This will be my first piece of real art.'

And, because the image is so beautiful, the album cover won't feature any text.

However Katy added: 'Hopefully they know it's me by the actual picture!'

Katy has long been a fan of quirky artist Cotton, who also acted as artistic director on her most recent music video for single California Gurls.

She explained: 'The day I found Will Cotton, I knew I wanted to live in his cinematic cotton candy world.

'A fantastically art-directed music video and one piece of timeless album artwork later, I can proudly say I am more than a fan.

'Will has been a sweetheart every step of the way and always open to collaborative ideas. I’m so happy to have discovered his candy-land, and so excited about our creative future together.'

But Katy's fiancé Russell Brand had his own interpretation of the album cover, as Katy showed by posting an 'alternative' picture on her Twitter page.

The shot showed Russell wearing a purple wig, similar to the one Katy sported when she appeared on Germany's Next Top Model, and holding a kitten.

It was posted with the caption: 'My alternate album cover for Teenage Dream... Are you glad I went with the 1st?!'

Meanwhile, Katy has announced plans to launch her debut fragrance, entitled Purr by Katy Perry.

The scent, co-created with French company Firmenich, includes essences of jasmine, green bamboo, peach nectar and vanilla orchid, and is set to hit stores in November.

Speaking about Purr, Katy said: 'There are amazing fragrances backed by other celebrities, but what I'm bringing is not like any other.

'It wasn't just like, "I love gardenias." That would have been the easy route. I really wanted to develop a scent that was completely unlike anything I'd smelled before and not one that smelled like a knockoff of another scent. I'd never want to do anything "just because".'

And while Katy acknowledges she will have a lot of competition in the celebrity fragrance industry, she thinks she had something to set her apart from the competition.

She said: 'I have about 50 fragrances and I'm intrigued by the mystique scent has. I saw a lot of my peers getting into this world, and, as with my music, I thought I could bring my touch to the category and make it competitive.

'I'm a very lyrical-based person, and the whole 'purr' thing kept coming back - the sound is in perfume, perfect, even Perry if you say it a certain way. It just seemed logical.

'The hardest part was keeping it under wraps for a year during the development process. I kept wanting to tell someone.'

Earlier in the week, Katy was spotted showing off her bikini body in the Bahamas as she headed off to snorkel at a popular spot called the Cove, at Atlantis Paradise Island in Nassau.

Wearing a pretty ruffled bikini, Katy had to hold on tight to the top of her swimsuit which was threatening to slip off as she emerged from the sea.

She has been on a strict diet and exercise regime ahead of her wedding to Russell Brand.

As well as regular trips to the gym, Katy is said to be following the 5 Factor Diet, which requires you to stick to eating five regular meals a day, with five ingredients per recipe and five minutes preparation time.

The singer is believed to have dropped two dress sizes since beginning the regime and it's also claimed that she's planning to wear a two-piece wedding outfit to show off her toned body.

Source : kompas

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Facebook